WARNING: This post is FULL of pictures!!!
My sweet little Carsie boy is two years old today! As always, the past 2 years have gone by SO fast. And once again Carson has grown up so much this past year! He started running, climbing, talking, singing and really playing with Aiven. He is such a joy and such a stinker, all at the same time!
Here are a few fun facts about Carson at 2 years old:
- He loves to dress up. He is always wearing a hat, shoes, goggles, etc.
- He has to sleep with his “lamby” (a stuff animal/small blanket). He has 3, one of which is an actual lamb. The other 2 are an elephant and a monkey.
- He sucks his thumb. His left thumb to be exact.
- He likes to scream. When he’s overly excited, he screams/laughs. When he’s overly mad, he screams/cries.
- He can count to 10.
- He loves to sing and is pretty darn good at it too. His favorite songs are “You Are My Sunshine” and “O Holy Night”.
- He likes to be rocked before bed.
- He can be pretty rough, especially with Sawyer.
- He loves to play with Bubba.
- He likes to wrestle.
- He LOVES reading books
- He LOVES looking at pictures, mostly on our phones.
- He talks really well.
- He likes to eat food by the handful.
- He usually takes a 3 hour nap every day.
- He likes watching Signing Time
- He often takes breaks while playing to find his lamby or a tag, suck his thumb and lay his head down.
- He enjoys being held.
- He’ll hug anyone.
- He just started praying last week (“Dear God, thank you Bubba, Mommy, Daddy, Soy Soy”)
- He still sleeps in a crib.
- He sometimes kicks when you pick him up to change his diaper or go to bed.
- He likes to dance.
This morning he woke up to balloons everywhere and a donut breakfast, complete with a candle and the “happy birthday” song!
After church we played outside (finally!), had lunch, and took naps. After nap time we went to the Nette Shultz park!
After the park we went to Mellow Mushroom for dinner. Then we went home for cake, cookies, ice cream, and presents!
We got him this book for his birthday. It is a custom made book about a boy who lost his name and he goes through many adventures and collects letters and at the end finds his name and it is “Carson”!
Then he got a Kiwi crate in the mail from my dad and Peggy!
Seriously can’t believe my second little baby boy is TWO!!! This Saturday we will be having his “Hat Birthday Party!” and we are so looking forward to it!
If you want to read Carson’s birth story, click here.
Below are some of my favorite pictures of Carson from this last year:
In labor with Sawyer: